Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders at SCQF Level 6
This qualification is aimed at anyone in Scotland who needs to apply for a Scottish Personal Licence to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol in Scotland and advance your career prospects within the licensed retail sector. This 1 day course is for anyone working in a job role that requires them to authorise retail sales of alcohol in either on or off premises in Scotland:
- Assistant managers
- Staff seeking promotion to one of these positions
The qualification covers the syllabus set by the Scottish Government and will ensure learners understand the law, regulation and responsibilities attached to the retail sale of alcohol.
£150 per person (including venue, refreshments, workbook, worksheets and exam fees)
£95 per person (on-line, including workbook, worksheets and exam fees)
ENQUIRE about team training rates.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Did you know once you’ve got your SCPLH qualification you still need to apply to your local licensing board for your personal licence? We can take the hassle away and do your personal licence application for you! Fee £50
The qualification covers the specification set by the Scottish Government to enable learners to understand the law in relation to:
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of Licensing Boards and Licensing Standards Officers
- The application process for a personal licence
- The application process for premises and occasional licences, mandatory and discretionary conditions.
- Protection of children from harm
- The content and purpose of an operating schedule and risk assessment
- Drunkenness and disorderly behaviour
- Licensed hours
- Control of order
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol
- Roles and responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relation to failure to comply with the law
- Unauthorised licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- The strengths of alcoholic, drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body.